Managing (Un)conscious Bias
In this course, we use interactive tools, including improvisation and holding council, to have difficult conversations about bias. By using these tools, we create a safe space to unearth the roots of certain biases while exploring the impact of bias on racialized vs. non-racialized communities. This course also covers how we can "override" our bias using proven practices and commitments.
Unconscious bias represents a gap between your true self and the pillars of your ultimate potential. This course will help you identify, acknowledge and overcome bias using fun and interactive communication tools. This course is designed on the principles of public health and business and is perfect for organizations looking for ways to embed anti-racist practices within their team's fabric.
Course Dates: September 16th & 22nd,2021 Time: 11:00am – 3:00pm CST Location: Online
Early Bird Pricing: *$295.00 ($395.00) until September 1st,2021
*Includes Pathways to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Workbook.
Module 1:Unearthing the Roots of Inequity
- Introduce the continuum of exclusion and unequal power relationships in bias
- Examine the dynamic and multi-dimensional processes of exclusion
- How inequity shows up in workplaces and the subtle often unconscious ways it is upheld
- Tools and techniques to manage unconscious bias at work, home and community
Module 2: Understanding the Language of Bias
- The many ways unconscious bias presents itself in workplaces and its impact on organizational strategic priorities
- Why Emily and Greg are more employable than Lakisha and Jamal and what you can do about it
- Fostering cultural competency by closing the knowing and doing gap
- Tools and techniques to embed diversity, equity, and inclusion within workplaces, homes and communities
Course Instructors: Phyllis Reid-Jarvis David Carey David Braun